- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Cañon City, CO
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 02/17/2017
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
This position supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts and supervises clients in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Conducts and documents head count/bed checks in accordance with facility standards.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Supervises morning routine on the unit; provides guidance during morning hygiene, cleaning activities, and group meetings.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Escorts clients between locations within the facility such as the medical office, bathroom, or group room.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of client intervention skills and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) techniques.
- Implements and supports the company's mission and philosophy; follows the company's policies regarding professional expectations, code of conduct, and other practices and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Demonstrates professionalism in performance of job.
- Demonstrates effort in professional development.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
• 60 College Credit Hours, or 1 year experience working with at-risk children.
*High School Diploma or GED
• Other Qualifications:
At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
Valid driver's license from the employees' state of residence.
Valid registered vehicle insurance, if applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer