- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Shelby, OH
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/11/2017
THERAPIST - JSO
**$1,500 Sign on Bonus**
This is a clinical service position providing a full range of behavioral healthcare services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescents with mental health or substance abuse disorders. This includes youth with sexual offending and sexual abusing behaviors. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., assessment, treatment planning, counseling, specialized behavioral plans, safety plans, etc.) according to individual skills, abilities and scope of practice.
- Administers and completes client screening and assessment tools: ERASOR, J-SOAP, and Psychosocial Assessment.
- Provides Diagnostic Assessments for clients, as assigned, and with the appropriate clinical supervision.
- Serves as a member of the treatment team regarding ongoing assessment of client needs and recommendations. Coordinates with others.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of client information. Completes appropriated documentation.
- Develops and Implements Treatment Plans.
- Reviews client record, including screening and assessments, progress notes, background information, etc. Uses the data that is gathered to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that is individual for each client.
- Assesses residents to evaluate needs and specific requirements.
- Involves the client, family, staff and referral sources in the treatment planning process through the presentation and discussion of the Treatment Plan in the treatment planning conference. Revises, as needed.
- Works with external agency staff (probation officers, case workers) to understand case history and identify specific treatment needs. Coordinates the implementation of treatment related activities.
- Performs Group, Individual and Family Therapy. May perform crisis intervention as needed
- Works and counsels with individual residents to effect and monitor treatment and progress.
- Utilizes group-counseling techniques to effectively monitor and enhance treatment progress.
- Ensures compliance with clinical programming.
- Enforces facility rules and standards of behavior.
- Maintains and completes required documentation prior to the end of the shift To include: Communication Log, Incident Reports and Progress Notes.
- Prepares reports as required by Abraxas and external sources. To include: Assessment Reports, Progress Reports, Court Reports, Safety Plans, Discharge Summaries, etc.
- Maintains necessary documentation as it relates to individual and group therapy.
**$1,500 Sign on Bonus**
This sign-on bonus is only offered to a new employee as an incentive to join our company. Current, former, or temporary employees are not eligible for this bonus.
- Master's degree in related field and minimum of 100 hours of documented JSO treatment under a Level 1 supervisor and 16 hours of documented JSO assessment training in the last five years; AND
- Licensed Social Worker licensed by the State of Ohio and whose professional disclosure statement includes juvenile sex offender assessment and treatment; OR
- A Professional Counselor licensed by the State of Ohio whose professional disclosure statement includes juvenile sex offender assessment and treatment.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer