- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Morgantown, PA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/09/2017
SUPV, TREATMENT I-10 HRS (Detention)
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The primary function of the treatment supervisor is to manage and direct the activities of a specific treatment unit. The treatment supervisor ensures that all Abraxas policies and procedures are followed. He/she serves as the primary role model for employees by leading, directing, guiding and supporting them in such a way that promotes their growth and development. The treatment supervisor is responsible for providing supervision to unit employees on a regular basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains employee schedules that provide adequate coverage to ensure safety for both clients and employees.
- Develops and implements systems to organize and monitor work activities.
- Interviews and selects most qualified candidate among internal applicants for posted positions.
- Structures, implements, and facilitates new employee on-the-job orientation.
- Writes professional development plans in conjunction with employees to aid in their training and development.
- Conducts effective supervisory conferences and performance evaluations with employees, documents the content of such meetings and evaluations, and provides feedback to them.
- Determines and implements progressive discipline when needed according to the applicable policy.
- Responds to step 1 grievances.
- Schedules employee training to ensure that all mandatory training requirements are met.
- Provides ongoing effective supervision to unit employees and monitors case management activities.
- Schedules team meetings, plans and implements agendas, and implements activities in an effort to promote teamwork and communication within the unit.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management (SCM) and provides effective supervision to staff regarding the use of SCM.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and one year work experience with children; OR
- Associate's degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university and three years' work experience with children.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer