- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Golden Valley, AZ
- Category: Nurse, Health Care
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/19/2017
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR
A world of opportunities awaits you! Come use your nonprofit, human resources or social services experience!
Substance Abuse Counselors, isn't it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the nonprofit, social services or human resource experience you've worked so hard to achieve? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. With us, there's no telling how far you'll go. Now's the time to start your journey!
With your background in nonprofit, social services and/or human services as our Substance Abuse Counselor, you will be counseling inmates, individually and in group sessions and assisting in overcoming substance dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes. You will be completing and maintaining accurate records and reports regarding the inmates' histories and progress, services provided and other required information, as well as
developing individualized client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience and client histories.
Additional responsibilities of the Counselor with a background in nonprofit, social services or human resources include:
- Reviewing and evaluating clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans
- Interviewing inmates, reviewing records and conferring with other facility professionals to evaluate the inmates and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in specific programs
- Providing inmates or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services and programs; making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Modifying treatment plans to comply with changes in client status
- Participating in orientation of inmates regarding the chemical dependency treatment programs and the Substance Abuse Education Program
- Providing relevant substance abuse information in a classroom-like environment
- Facilitating and co-facilitating educational presentations and group counseling on substance related matters
- Selecting and recommending instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse
- Maintaining professional relationships with other substance abuse professionals, programs and associations
- Participating in related training for substance abuse
- Performing other duties as assigned
As our Substance Abuse Counselor you should have a nonprofit, social services or Human Services background. It is also important that you have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings. If this describes you, apply today!
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, or human services or certification as an Addiction Specialist (CAS)
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Experience in individualized counseling, preferred
- While we are not a Nonprofit, past Nonprofit experience is a plus
As our Substance Abuse Counelor, you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer