- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: South Mountain, PA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/08/2017
Quality and Compliance Specialist
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
• Prepares and coordinates all licensing inspections, contractual reviews, and accreditation
• Acts as internal liaison and contact person for all licensing, contractual, and accreditation
• Coordinates development of and submits all action plans to address licensing, contractual, and
accreditation citations or areas of non-compliance; monitors the implementation of action plans
to verify compliance.
• Develops and monitors implementation of the internal Facility Monitoring Plan.
• Reviews revisions to policies to verify they meet licensing, contractual, and accreditation
requirements; maintain the policy and procedure manual for the facility.
• Functions as the HIPAA Compliance Officer for the facility.
• Prepares meeting agendas, coordinates meetings, maintains meeting minutes, and develops other
documentation related to on-going monitoring and evaluation of the program.
• Collects and maintains data for licensing, contractual & accreditation standards and
performance improvement. Prepares reports, data displays, charts, graphs, and other illustrations
to support data collection, data analysis, and performance improvement.
• Provides technical assistance and education to facility staff on licensing, contractual, and
accreditation standards, including as-needed in-service training regarding the implementation of
licensing, contractual, and accreditation standards.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
Master’s degree in social sciences, healthcare, or related field and one year of
clinical experience; OR
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but
are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, healthcare, or related field and three
years clinical experience.
• Knowledge of the principles and use of tools used for data collection, data analysis, and
• Knowledge of applicable licensing (e.g., BHSL, DHS, TDFPS), contractual (e.g., MD DJS, CO
DYC), accreditation (e.g.; JC) standards.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices related to the residential treatment of delinquent and
• Ability to formulate and/or revise policies that meet licensing, contractual, and accreditation
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, with a diverse group of
people including regulatory agency representatives, employees, clients, governing body
members, and the general public.
• Other Qualifications:
At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary,
Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer