- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/04/2017
Proposal Writer/Content Specialist
This position writes, edits and coordinates proposals in response primarily to significant dollar value government Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs), and Requests for Information (RFIs) determined to be within the company's scope and field of operations and supported by business development efforts. It responds within extremely tight deadlines, developing responses, boilerplates, resumes, and past performance information per RFP or RFQ instructions. Interfaces cross-functionally with subject matter experts, facility management, corporate executives and management, and various departments to respond to questions and complete proposals in a timely manner. Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities. Assists in creating business development and marketing research materials.
The GEO Care division of The GEO Group delivers comprehensive approaches to manage, rehabilitate and treat individuals inside secure settings and throughout the community. Our full continuum of recidivism reduction programs are designed to help stabilize offenders in the community and support their successful reintegration. Our programs are rooted in the consistent delivery of programming and other evidence-based principles proven to change behavior.
GEO Care's evidence-based programs promote accountability and deliver change for offenders and their communities. Through its divisions, GEO Care offers intensive residential treatment, youth and family services, electronic monitoring equipment and technical support, and community-based correctional services.
GEO CARE DIVISIONS INCLUDE:
Abraxas Youth & Family Services
BI Incorporated Electronic Monitoring
GEO Continuum of Care
GEO Reentry Services
This position is located at GEO's Corporate office in Boca Raton, FL.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes responses to agency solicitations such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs), and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Analyzes solicitation content including scope of work, equipment and service requirements, terms and conditions, pricing information, and competitive specifications.
- Works with existing boilerplate and rough draft material from subject matter experts and converts into high impact content for proposals.
- Develops high impact content for proposals by conducting research and interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to generate and develop content; reviews and edits input from SMEs to generate content; and works with graphic designers to translate concepts into informative images.
- Creates, distributes and closely monitors a developmental schedule and detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed, including but not limited to scope of work, outlines and timelines, pricing information and competitive specifications.
- Manages timelines and communicates status to leadership and to those impacted by project.
- Leads RFP/project meetings, articulating key requirements and timelines to project team members, and coordinates proposal process from receipt of solicitation until proposal is received by the agency, including submitting questions to agency, review of drafts, pricing meetings, and other tasks as needed; including but not limited to responding to letters of inquiry, discussion notices, and agency correspondence or assistance with oral presentations.
- Communicates with and monitors Project Team Members to ensure deliverables are being provided on time and in conformity with RFP requirements.
- Edits documents for grammar, style, and content.
- Assimilates materials into a final presentation to ensure a complete, professional package.
- May be required to personally deliver finished products.
- Oversees production phases of project to maintain consistency, provides overall quality control including completeness, color correction, formatting, accuracy, tabbing, binding, packaging, and compliance with proposal submission guidelines.
- Researches project background or other information. Conducts research on various project issues, including but not limited to proposed facility, neighborhood, project city, related community services available to future clients, and zoning ordinances and related requirements so that community approval and participation is assured.
- Coordinates the development of job descriptions, resumes, facility organization charts, and staff deployment plans with various departments to include Operations and Human Resources and assists in coordinating the development of staffing charts and narratives in conjunction with operations department.
- Assists in creation and updating of graphics and content.
- Works with Project Team members to update boilerplate on a continual basis and maintain resource library and proposal archives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Service, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Business, Marketing, English, Journalism or related field. Work experience in a related field or position may be considered at the discretion of the Director of Development.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in proposal development is required. Marketing and/or project management experience is also highly desirable.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent research skills including advanced use of internet tools.
- Ability to maintain confidential client information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and have a passion for learning and advancement.
- Excellent editing, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with superior collaboration skills and project management techniques.
- Ability to maintain open communication across project teams working under tight deadlines with wide variety of complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Innovative in finding information and solving problems working cross-functionally.
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks, projects, and changing demands.
- Ability to travel occasionally with some overnight stays.
- Ability to work with computers and learn the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer