- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: San Juan, PR
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/16/2017
MONITORING TECH SUPPORT SPECThis position is located in Central Indiana. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Pay rate of $12.12/hr for Bilingual (Spanish/English)
After 90 days, Full time employees are enrolled in the Pay for Performance Program. Current employees average and additional $4.50 - $11.00 per hour under this program.
Accepts inbound phone calls from contracted agency personnel. Processes alerts according to contract requirements and provides timely, accurate and effective troubleshooting of elevated hardware and software issues with customer equipment and systems. Acts as a liaison between Monitoring Operations, Monitoring Customer Service, Training, and other departments as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes alerts and responds to customer inquiries made by phone or email including special accounts requiring a high level of service
- Accepts inbound phone calls, troubleshoots, diagnoses and escalates hardware and software issues with customer equipment and software as necessary.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and support on customer issues with hardware and software for all monitoring operations departments.
- Provides communication to internal departments and management on the status of hardware and software issues being worked.
- Recommends efficiencies and/or solutions for issues with hardware and software platforms.
- Ability to communicates technical troubleshooting concepts to a non-technical audience and ensure understanding.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of hardware and software platforms and the ability to acquire solid knowledge of Company electronic monitoring products quickly.
- Intermediate level IT and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Flexibility in handling special projects and assignments.
- Must be self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical mentoring to peers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Successful Suitability Determination from the Department of Homeland Security
- 2 years' experience in an information technology support/helpdesk role required.
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to work varying hours and days as necessary.
- May be requested to provide coverage after regularly scheduled business hours.
- Some overnight travel to a customer site may be required.
- The work environment and physical demands described below are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of standard office equipment such as computer, telephone, fax, and mobile devices.
- Close vision and the ability to identify and distinguish colors in order to decipher color-codes on software applications.
- Position requires repetitive use of hands and arms working with computer keyboard, telephones and other mobile devices such as an iPad.
- Valid driver's license required.
Equal Opportunity Employer