- Employee Type: Part-Time
- Location: Lovejoy, GA
- Category: Nurse, Health Care
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/13/2017
LPN/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Part-Time)
As a P/T LPN you will work under an RN developing and implementing nursing care plans on detainees/inmates. You will be responsible for observing and maintaining the requirements of security as well as maintaining compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performing a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system.
- Assisting physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures.
- Ensuring the implementation of physician's orders and that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary.
- Making observation rounds on patients, and recording in progress notes.
- Evaluating symptoms, reactions and progress of patients on periodic basis; charting and reporting problems to management.
- Maintaining security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates.
- Destroying and properly disposing of all needles/syringes.
- Documenting all detainee/inmate contacts.
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical records.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled LPN! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this nursing role will be a good fit for you. If it is, apply today!
P/T LPN requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located.
- Ability to maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience, preferred.
- Ability to provide the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care and psychiatric nursing care.
- Ability to perform nursing diagnosis and appropriate follow through treatment without direct supervision.