- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Marienville, PA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 06/16/2017
LIFE SKILLS WORKER I
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The primary function of the Life Skill Worker I is to supervise clients during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security. In addition, Life Skill Workers I assist in the management of the morning wake-up routine by educating, guiding and directing clients in a manner that promotes their growth and development.
• Interacts meaningfully with clients.
• Completes security calls to night supervisor.
• Maintains regular communication with co-worker(s).
• Supervises morning routine; observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
• Ensures client location.
• Conducts and documents random/unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) and utilizes the Guard 1 system.
• Conducts outside building security checks.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
High school diploma or GED.
• Other Qualifications:
At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer