- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lawrenceville, VA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 02/16/2017
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, interviewing and implementing inmate employment and programming opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews inmates for work clearances.
- Coordinates with medical, classification, case managers, and education.
- Assigns or removes inmates in or out of all jobs.
- Assigns or removes inmates in or out of all programs.
- Inputs data in data base systems.
- Monitors and maintains tables of organization to ensure job placements meet institutional needs. Ensures racial parity of all inmate job assignments.
- Prepares inmate payroll and maintains data on computer system.
- Enters inmate work evaluations on the computer systems.
- Reviews all requests for inmate job, pay change and work level changes.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate audit standards, administrative regulations and policies and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes master pass.
- Coordinates with food service and security regarding the preparation of sack lunches for outside crews.
- Promotes the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervenes when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintains accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in the area of inmate job placement preferred.
- Must have excellent organization, written, verbal, communication, computer skills, and be able to multi task.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving required, unless waived by management.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer