- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Morgantown, PA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/20/2017
INTERVENTION SPEC I (ED)
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The position provides direct service work providing a full range of therapeutic services directed toward the care and rehabilitation of clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs one on one or small group instruction with residents in math or reading
- Participates with and supervises clients in daily programmatic activities.
- Maintains an active caseload of 12-15 juvenile clients needing extra reading or math support
- Follows policies and procedures of the program/facility.
- Provides leadership and serves as a role model to clients in the performance of academic activities.
- Provides for physical safety and care of clients who are under supervision.
- Reports significant changes in the behavior, attitude, or physical condition of clients to higher-level staff members.
- Interacts with educational and clinical staff to ensure overall treatment and educational goals are accomplished.
- Participates in conferences regarding client behavior and academic progress.
- Complies with program/facility safety systems and building security.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current departmental practices.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate's degree in related field and no experience; OR
- A minimum of 60 college credits from a regionally accredited college and one year experience.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer