- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: South Mountain, PA
- Category: Transportation
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/13/2017
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
This position drives a corporate vehicle or a company approved vehicle to transport clients, or their
families to and from the program/facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate company vehicle according to state and federal laws in order to transport clients, staff
members, and administrative support to and from the program/facility for business related
appointments according to assigned schedule.
• Assist in the maintenance of assigned vehicles by inspecting each vehicle prior to use, routine
cleanliness vehicle checks, and performing minor maintenance as required and document
service work performed.
• Supervise clients to ensure safety and security of clients and manage client behavior.
• Provide emergency medical treatment (i.e. first aid) in the event of a medical problem during
• Document trip and any significant incidents that occurred during transport in vehicle log.
Communicate significant client incidents or related issues to supervisors immediately.
• Administer Medication to residents while on transports and timely document their efforts as
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
High school diploma or GED.
• Other Qualifications:
At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary,
Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
Valid registered vehicle insurance.
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer