- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Hobbs, NM
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/19/2017
Responsible for the oversight of programs department, ensuring that goals and objectives are accomplished according to policy directions of the corporation and within the scope defined by the contract. Responsible for the quality of services provided to inmates and works in conjunction with the Deputy Warden to remedy deficiencies and enrich programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures proper processing of all inmates for programmatic needs, and ensures that all inmates participating receive quality services that comply with the federal regulations and standards.
- Assists in the preparation of program proposals.
- Develops policies relating to program operations. Makes revisions to current policies as required, ensuring compliance with the standards set by the company and the client agency.
- Assesses needs of programs staff and provides regularly scheduled supervision and/or training to address those needs.
- Provides case consultations and one-to-one counseling for difficult inmates of when serious incidents occur.
- Provides supervision to all programs staff to include but not limited to Education Director, Case Management Coordinator, Unit Managers and Inmate Records.
- Conducts departmental staff performance reviews.
- Serves as committee member on training, budget and policy review boards.
- May assist management in the establishment of long-range plans and corresponding schedules to achieve facility goals and objectives.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant unusual occurrences.
- May be required to function as Deputy Warden in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Experience in a correctional security and rehabilitative programs. Five (5) years' experience managing a correctional education program preferred or at least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures, correctional laws, applicable court orders and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Skill in interpretation of policies and procedures and appropriate application to work situations.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer