- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: South Mountain, PA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/13/2017
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
The Counselor provides a full range of counseling/case management services to
Primary Duties and Responsibilities.
• Coordinates and implements case management activities
• Develops and implements treatment plans
• Provides individual counseling and related documentation
• Provides group counseling and related documentation
• Participates in and documents case consultations, including quarterly treatment reviews
• Writes progress/court reports as necessary and discharge summaries
• Attends court hearings
• Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with juvenile probation officers/case
workers, including them in the treatment process and updating them on clients' progress
• Maintains regular contact and communicates effectively with parents/legal guardians, including
them in the treatment process and updating them on clients' progress
• Provides continuing care planning by making contacts to appropriate referrals and writing the
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
• The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including: High school diploma or GED. • Other Qualifications: At least twenty-one (21) years of age. Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI). Non-communicable diseases physical exam. Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence. Valid registered vehicle insurance. • Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer