- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Covington, LA
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 02/13/2017
A world of opportunities awaits you! Come use your nonprofit or social services experience!
Case Managers, isn't it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the nonprofit or social services experience you've worked so hard to achieve? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. With us, there's no telling how far you'll go. Now's the time to start your journey!
With your experience in nonprofit and/or social services as our Case Manager, you will be providing support and structure to residents in developing program plans by managing a caseload of client cases and administering the policies and procedures of the program as directed by the contracting agency and the Facility Director. You will be learning, using and modeling the principles of the "What Works" system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members. In addition, you will be training and assisting less experienced Case Managers.
Additional responsibilities for the Case Manager with a nonprofit or social services background include:
- Possibly performing duties that include resident/client intakes, check-ins, breath analysis and drug screens, to provide backup when necessary
- Preparing written personalized programs to establish measurable criteria of expected behavior and accomplishments and a time frame for achieving specified goals
- Reviewing plan with residents/clients on a weekly basis and documenting progress or revisions so that they are gaining the life skills necessary to make a successful re-entry into the community
- Assisting residents to establish personal budget, locating suitable housing, enrolling in educational and vocational programs and participating in family and community activities, as appropriate; ensuring that they are working towards financial independence
- Monitoring facility sanitation and safety; assigning daily housekeeping chores to residents to comply with facility standards
- Possibly orienting residents upon arrival at facility to provide smooth assimilation into program including having them complete paperwork, take facility tours or introducing to other residents
- Making entries into confidential resident files to provide the structure for case analysis and program planning and to provide documentation of program participation; ensuring files are secure to protect resident confidentiality
- Assisting Job Developers in verifying residents'/clients' jobs to ensure residents'/clients' employment is suitable under established program plan; counseling unemployed residents/clients by providing guidance in obtaining employment in cooperation with the Job Developer
- Performing other duties as required
As a Case Manager, you must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and demonstrated tact when interacting with the public. You will also need a high degree of professionalism and sound judgment, as well as a strong sense of self-control. If this describes you, apply today!
Please Note:Bachelor's degree may be required for Re-Entry office positions or when mandated by contractual obligation
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of work experience in a related field; familiarity with community corrections systems and current community corrections practices
- Familiar with community work force needs, public and private agencies and employment services
- Strong basic math skills
- Mustbe able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Bilingual abilities in English/Spanish, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Services discipline or equivalent experience (nonprofit or social services),preferred
- Substance abuse or domestic violence certification or the ability to become certified, preferred
- While we are not a Nonprofit, past Nonprofit experience is a plus
As our Case Manager with nonprofit or social services experience, you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer