- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Woodridge, IL
- Category: Professional Services, Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 04/27/2017
ADOLESCENT COUNSELOR II
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescent or delinquent substance abusers. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, drug court, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor; performance includes intensive outpatient and outpatient group counseling, home/community-based individual and family counseling, teaching life skills, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Prepares individualized treatment plans, monthly progress reports and weekly court reports on client's acceptance to treatment, behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program.
- Participates in a cross-disciplinary treatment team and attends in- service training.
- Provides screening and assessment; including diagnosis, when appropriate to scope of practice, for adult client population.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate's degree in human services field and one year experience as a counselor and CDCA or LCDC II or III; OR
- Licensed Physician; Licensed Psychologist; Psychology assistant; OR
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Professional Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Independent Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
Equal Opportunity Employer